f-prot output problem

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Nov 7 00:51:44 GMT 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Alex Hooper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ive been running MailScanner on my linux gateway at home for over two
> years without problem. A  couple of days ago, though, I started seeing
> this in the logs:
>
> Nov  6 15:14:41 ******* MailScanner[1180]: Either you've found a bug in
> MailSc
> anner's F-Prot output parser, or F-Prot's output format has changed! F-Prot
> said
> this
> "/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/1180/kA34x7j14493/msg-1180-50.html->1teMN
> l". Please mail the author of MailScanner
>
> I don't believe anything has changed on my machine. I've now got over
> 10K messages waiting to scan... Has anyone any idea how I might
> resolve this?

Are you running engine 4.6.6? It's been out for a few months now so you
probably are,  does MailScanner --lint show anything more?
Set debug on in the conf file for a whil;e, there was a simialr problem
many months ago but it was related to sys::syslog and the MS wrapper was
ammended so it wouldnt bail.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd