ClamAV messed up

Gerry gdoris at rogers.com
Mon Nov 6 21:57:15 GMT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Mike
Kercher
Sent: November 6, 2006 16:35
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: RE: ClamAV messed up

mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info <> scribbled on Monday, November
06, 2006 3:11 PM:

> I upgraded from FC 4 to FC 6 a short time ago.  I thought everything
> was working until I ran into problems with ClamAV and MailScanner:
>
> 1. MailScanner was continually restarting until I changed
> "clamavmodule" to "clamav" in MailScanner.conf
>
> 2. Running MailScanner --lint indicates that I have "clamav"
> in the conf file but MailScanner finds "clamavmodule" instead
>
> 3. Doing an upgrade_virus_scanners checks ClamAV but also generic.  I
> don't have generic listed anywhere
>
> 4. Running MailScanner -v shows that Mail::ClamAv is installed
>
> 5. Using CPAN to reinstall Mail::ClamAV says it is already installed.
> Doing a forced install fails at the make
>

> Inspite of all this ClamAV is scanning messages.  I'm using
> MailScanner
> 4.56.8-1 and ClamAV of rc2-99.  I know that's a rc level but I had the
> same problem with 0.88.5 and thought I'd try something different.
>
> I haven't a clue where to start on this.

I wouldn't say ClanAV messed up...why did you "fix what wasn't broken"?
Personally, I use an enterprise class OS for servers rather than bleeding
edge.

Mike

This a home server used for testing stuff.  It's the place I try and figure
out what works and what doesn't.  As I mentioned, it is actually working but
messed up.  I can always reload the old image and start again if things
really go bad.  Perhaps "ClamAV messed up" is not what was I intended to
say...my system is messed up.