Solaris errors

Ian Miller imiller at bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Nov 4 16:58:20 GMT 2006

Does anyone have any insight into this error? I have three sendmail/solaris 9
systems that need upgrading and I need some kind of solution ..
I am willing to work with someone on the problem...
(give them ssh access on a test system) just to work it out.
Please help if time permits ..
thanks
-i
Quoting Ian Miller <imiller at bsd.uchicago.edu>:

> I am running solaris 9 with perl 5.8.8 and just upgraded to the latest
> MailScanner and I received this error on start
>
> # ./MailScanner
> Can't locate Sys/Hostname/Long.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /opt/MailScanner/lib
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/sun4-solaris
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/sun4-solaris
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .
> /opt/MailScanner/lib) at ./MailScanner line 67.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./MailScanner line 67.
>
> Has anyone else run across this
> thanks
> -Ian
>

> This e-mail and any attachments may contain privileged and
> confidential information for use only by the intended recipient. If
> you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the e-mail and
> all copies thereof and notify us by e-mail or a collect call to our
> office; do not forward the e-mail.

Ian Miller
Sr. Systems Engineer
University of Chicago