how to cache no-spam message shown its content in mailwatch

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 07:57:05 GMT 2006

On 02/11/06, Cheng Bruce <itlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you for your always kind help.
>
> By the way, would you please advise me how to cache the non-SPAM
> messages in mailwatch ( Quarantine ) like SPAM messages ? due to a lot
> of SPAMs treat as no-SPAM, I need more messages to block.
>
> Thank you again.

If I read you right, you just need to add "store" to your "Non Spam
Actions" (http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#Non%20Spam%20Actions).
So if you have
Non Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: No"
in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf, you'd just change it to
Non Spam Actions = store deliver header "X-Spam-Status: No"
... That way all messages will end up in the quarantine (in a
"non-spam" subdirectory).
You'll need make a script or somesuch that clears out this, after a
few days, so that you don't fill your disks too fast:-), at least if
you want this to be a permanent solution. If it is just a few hours
(to actually get to look at the false negatives, and decide what to do
about them....), you could just do that manually;-).

If these are mostly image spam, look for the ImageInfo spamassassin
plugin from www.rulesemporium.com ... It made a world of difference
for me!

(hope you don't mind me redirecting this back to the list, since this
is actually "on-topic";-)
--
-- Glenn