Stocks and P-R-O-F-I-T

Max Kipness max at assuredata.com
Wed Nov 1 19:09:09 GMT 2006

Hello,

I had recently tried what I thought was a good technique, and created a
script that fed all email from every MailScanner white listed email
address into sa-learn as ham nightly, without doing a check on the
emails. This was obviously a bad choice as jokes and other spam like
emails must have processed for months.

Anyway, I scrapped the bayes database and started from scratch using the
a sample bayes db from FSL (I think it's called). From there I've been
feeding quite a bit of spam into sa-learn for about a week or two. I'd
say I've fed about 400 spam mails thus far. However, as of today I'm
still getting the p-r-o-f-i-t and stock spasm with bayes scores of
anywhere from 10% to 50%.

My question is how long or how many emails should it take bayes to
figure out these spam emails? Is there a way of viewing the progress?
With the other scores from DCC, Pyzor, Razor, the score is close to
being tagged as spam, but sometimes it's not quite there because of the
bayes score.

Thanks,
Max