Another call for improvements

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed May 31 17:31:19 IST 2006

Richard Siddall wrote on Wed, 31 May 2006 08:44:51 -0400:

> Whenever I've had to use an enormous RPM like that in the past, it has
> proved to be a nightmare.  You wind up wanting to update parts of it,
> and get clashes between RPMs responsible for the same files.

Not sure if we talk about the same thing. I don't want to have everything
in one rpm, no! Like Chris, I most often just pick the MailScanner rpm
from the tar.gz and then I compare what's there in Perl packages and
decide if I install any. Having a list of updated packages and a
"mailscanner-only" download would ease that quite a bit (and reduce
download traffic off the MailScanner site!).

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany