Another call for improvements

Chris Hammond chris at tac.esi.net
Wed May 31 13:53:40 IST 2006

Whenever I do an update, I download the tar.gz and pull out just the
mailscanner
rpm and install that.  I do not install everything.  Most of the perl
modules are either
from the base os or Dag.  I think two of them I rebuild from src.rpm
that Julian provides
and install them.  I do not install the whole kit and kaboodle.

Chris

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Provide a single MailScanner rpm without all the additional Perl
packages
> for upgrading.

Whenever I've had to use an enormous RPM like that in the past, it has
proved to be a nightmare.  You wind up wanting to update parts of it,
and get clashes between RPMs responsible for the same files.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall

Support MailScanner development -  buy the book off the website!

believed to be clean.