Another call for improvements

Holger Gebhard holger at gebhardweb.de
Wed May 31 09:01:04 IST 2006

Is it possible to modify the spamassassincache feature a little bit?

Most incoming mails are spam so the caching is very useful and speeds up
MailScanner a lot.
But when a spam message is detected as nonspam the cache result always
returns due to cache timeout.
Any customrules to detect the message are "ingored" except a cache timeout
or complete database deletion.

I think it occurs very rarely that a "real" nonspam message are send twice
to get a great speedup by nonspam caching.

A useful feature would be to add some config options like:

Cache NonSpam = yes/no
Cache LowSpam = yes/no
Cache HighSpam = yes/no
Cache Virus = yes/no

or simply when a cachetiming set to "0" no caching is done for the category.

Regards,

Holger