Run Error after Installation

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon May 29 23:31:21 IST 2006

 wrote on Mon, 29 May 2006 14:59:17 -0400:

> I seem to remember bumping into this one before, but I can't seem to find
> the answer.
>
> Can anyone help me, please?

Not sure if I can. I have seen this happen after last year's Perl security
patches. I had been installing modules from CPAN, mostly, but the Perl was,
of course, the vendor provided rpm and security update as well, of course.
After installing the Perl update I got this error and could get rid only by
uninstalling that update. It seems that there are some mismatched functions
or paths which then produce this problem when you are not using the vendor
rpms. I think in your case it's one or two of the Perl packages that came
with the MS (Archive-Zip and Compress-Zlib) and, although rebuilt, don't
seem to fit. Or did you install any other Perl stuff since your last MS
upgrade, that could have also caused this?
I'd remove these (rpm -e packagename) and then reinstall the packages that
FC provides. If you didn't have the problem with the last MailScanner
package you could also just rebuild the two perl src.rpms from it and
install these.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany