Maximum Attachment Size

José Ferradeira ferradeira at netcabo.pt
Sun May 28 13:33:11 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote:

> José Ferradeira wrote:
>
>> Scott Silva wrote:
>>
>>> José Ferradeira spake the following on 5/26/2006 4:30 AM:

>>> AFAIR only if your MTA splits the messages. Otherwise, it doesn't
>>> seem to work
>>>

>> Hi,
>> Thanks.
>> I'm using MailScanner with sendmail (fedora core 4).
>> Can I do it with sendmail?
>
> Yes, I believe it is described in the Wiki. If not, please can someone
> (Steve S perhaps?) add it as quite a few of you know the answer to this.
>
> It happens as MailScanner does not split up messages so one recipient
> gets one response and a different recipient gets another. This
> restriction rarely causes a problem and enables MailScanner to go a
> lot faster. It's a design decision I made a long time ago, and it
> rarely cause a problem that cannot be easily worked around, such as
> your case (look up "queue groups" in sendmail).

with the configuration from wiki (QUEUE_GROUP), when I restart
MailScanner I got this message :
/
outgoing sendmail: QueuePath // /var/spool/mqueue.in not subpath of
QueueDirectory /var/spool/mqueue/
/
and I can no longer receive e-mails.

The solution I found to work is:

define(`confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE',`1')

Now I can create rules individually for each mail box.

Another question: is it possible to implement a personal content filter? i.e. Can I scan email for a specific word?
The idea is to scan email for adult content without coming from spam.

Many thanks

Jose

/
/