which hardware

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Sun May 28 12:50:42 IST 2006

Best?  Plenty of RAM, plenty of processor and fast disk.  But what you
don't specify is what your mail volume is so it's unanswerable.

Me, I've got the thing running equally as well on slow, old hardware as
on fast, new hardware; really depends on the volume.  For the money
you're wanting to spend, you've got the opportunity to do two machines
with lesser configurations, say d830s with 1gig of ram (or 2, its cheap
now), and raid 1 and do them in a dns round robin to spread the load and
increase redundancy should one barf.