which hardware

mailscanner at berger.nl mailscanner at berger.nl
Sat May 27 20:09:20 IST 2006

Hi there,

I am using Sendmail / mailscanner / spamassassin on several systems now and have to buy a new one.
I have about $2200 to spend on a mailgateway. I bought a system 2 months ago containing 4 sata disks in raid5, 2Gb ram and Pentium D830 (dualcore). This runs fine with FreeBSD6.1 for about a month now but it's not heavily loaded yet. I need to setup a similar system (sendmail / mailscanner / spamassassin / clamAV and a second avirus)now. I wonder if my hardware choice is OK. I've read several hardware articles on the mailscannersite but it's mainly about older hardware. Someone any idea about what's best?

Thanks,

Roger