4.54.5 beta pending new stable release

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Sat May 27 17:14:16 IST 2006

I just got around to installing the 4.54.5 beta this morning.  All went well
except that the Net::IP rpm wasn't built for some reason.  This hasn't
happened to me before.  It was present before the upgrade and I just added
it back using CPAN.

There is also a problem that's started with the last beta that involves
MailWatch.  I reported it then and it's still present.  Under MailWatch's
Spam Report there is a parsing error.  It looks like this...

Score                Matching Rules
      cached  not
     score=-1.776
      5  required

Hopefully this doesn't wrap.  Just in case above text shows up in the two
columns entitled Score and Matching Rules.  Under Score is "cached" and "5"
and under Match Rules is "not", "score=the_spam_score_number" and
"required".  It appears to be only cosmetic.

I really would like the option to turn off loggin of the time it takes each
message to process.  I find this far too much info for day to day reporting.
Perhaps I missed this switch in MailScanner.conf???