MailScanner is responsible for SWAP usage!

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu May 25 14:46:21 IST 2006

On 25/05/06, James Gray <james at grayonline.id.au> wrote:
(snip)
> My record is a tad over 700 days on a Solaris 7 box, then one of the CPU's in
> the E450 fried and the whole thing died.  Didn't boot anymore after that and
> Sun EOL'ed the E450, so we gutted it and grafted a bar fridge into it.  It
> now spends it's days serving cold beverages to the IT staff :P

Had a DG/UX machine run for over 1000 days, doing Oracle and very
little else. It actually didn't die, ust was decomissioned due to ...
old age and weakness:-).
"Current" record at the plant was a "forgotten" linux box that mostly
did arpwatch stuff. Ran for 2.5 c:a 900 days, then ... we had an
outage for approximately 1.5 hours... The UPS died after 1 hour 15
minutes, grrr...

The AIX boxes I run now, for Oracle, are really prone to reboots...
Never survives more than a year between reboots, tops:-)

--
-- Glenn