Sophos Version 5

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed May 24 10:40:46 IST 2006

On 24.05.2006 10:23, Julian Field wrote:

> I have added a new page to the wiki at
>
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_virus:sophos:install:version5
>
> with some guidance on how to stop the wretched think spewing out mail
> every time it finds something.
>
> Can other users of Sophos 5 check it out for me please? What else
> needs adding to it?

what luck that i had disabled   sav-protect  :-)

you have to stop  "sav-protect" and you get no

"Subject: [SAV-LINUX] On-demand scan report on <hostname>"

even with EmailNotifier enabled, see below.

-------
redhat/fedora
# chkconfig sav-protect off
# service sav-protect stop
--------

# service sav-protect status
Sophos Anti-Virus daemon is inactive

# chkconfig sav-protect --list
sav-protect     0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

# ./savconfig -v | grep -i email
EmailNotifier: enabled
SendThreatEmail: enabled
SendErrorEmail: enabled
EmailDemandSummaryAlways Not configured
EmailDemandSummaryIfThreat Not configured
Email: Recipient=en: root at localhost
SendEmailLogLevel: FATAL
EmailServer: localhost:25

--