MailScanner ANNOUNCEMENT: Your Software Needs You!

Chris Hammond chris at tac.esi.net
Tue May 23 20:13:09 IST 2006

>>> MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk 05/23/06 2:55 pm >>>

>> Well as much as I am proud to be a Hoosier, (I actually consider
>> myself a Texan, spent 16 years there in the USAF, married, both sons
>> born there) you only have three weeks!

>I have been to DC and NY before, so don't need to stop there for long,
>if at all, just to say hello. I might go to DC this summer for a few
>days anyway (Steve ----  you up for that?)

If you do, come south a little and we can feed you plenty of seafood and
beer. :)

>> You should see DC, New York, and the Pacific Northwest
>> (Seattle/Alaska). A whirlwind "MailScanner World Tour" should see the
>> sights first. Indiana can only offer home town hospitality, good
>> cookin', and friendly people. If you come, we would love to have you.

>That's great, thanks! I might be able to stretch it a bit, or else I
>will have to splite it into 2 trips (or is that 3 now, including S.A.
>and New Zealand?)

Get that donation site setup.  I'm sure you could get enough to offset the
cost of the trip and maybe pay and extra couple of week of salary to give
you more time to take things in.

>A U.S. only tour sounds increasingly likely here. I could do Alaska and
>Canada in a separate trip. (My G*d, this is turning into a set of trips,
>we're up to 3 now!)

If it keeps going like this, you may just want to move to the US for 6 months,
then Canada for a few, then.......

>> Do it on a motorcycle, you would never be the same ;^)
>Probably spread all over the road like tomato paste :- )

Naa, stay away from the motorcycles.  We would all go insane and kill ourselves
if we didn't have you around to help us keep our spam under control.  :)

Chris