Required SpamAssassin Score

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 23 19:51:31 IST 2006

Jason Stechschulte wrote:
> I am trying to allow my users to set their own Required SpamAssassin
> Score via a mysql database, but I am having some issues.
>
> I have the following in MailScanner.conf:
> Required SpamAssassin Score = &SQLReqSpamScore
>

> In SQLReqSpamScore.pm, it seems I am passed the $message variable only.
> If there is only one recipient in $message->{to} this works fine.
> However when there are multiple recipients in $message->{to} I don't
> seem to always get the setting for the correct user.
>
> Is there a way to know inside of SQLReqSpamScore.pm which user we are
> currently delivering the message for?  I have looked over the variables
> that are set within $message and can't seem to find what I am looking
> for.
>
> If this isn't possible, is there another way to accomplish this that
> might work better?

If you can possibly pay me for it, I have some code which will solve
this problem for you. It copes with different spam thresholds for each
user, and removes individual recipients from messages so it is only sent
to those recipients whose spam thresholds allow it. We use it internally
on our campus with great success.

It did take many hours to write, so I would really like some money for
it. You are looking at about 20 hours work, so please work out what 20
hours of development time would cost you, if you had developers who
already knew MailScanner inside and out.

I really don't want to give it away for free, if at all possible. I put
a lot of work into it, my own time, and it's not core functionality.

But you feed it a DB file mapping email addresses onto spam thresholds,
and it will deliver each message only to those people whose spam
thresholds are greater than the score assigned to the message, which is
pretty much exactly what you need.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Jules.