Laggy List Server??

Alex Neuman alex at nkpanama.com
Tue May 23 19:17:14 IST 2006

Drew Marshall wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2006 12:22, Glenn Steen wrote:
>
>> On 23/05/06, Paul Kelly :: Blacknight <paul at blacknight.ie> wrote:
>>
>>> hmmm 6 minutes
>>>
>>> /me beats sendmail with a stick
>>>

>> On a tangent matter, was I the only one to receive some Nyxem virus
>> mails through the list recently (on Sunday... Can provide more info on
>> request)?
>> Doesn't the list get "MailScannered"...?
>>

> No, you weren't alone. I got them too.
>
> I don't think the list gets scanned, I seem to remember it was on a to-do
> list.
>
> Drew

I never get to see any viruses because I'm using clamav-milter. It's
worked wonders for low-volume servers every time I've installed it; and
with it I've been able to get around the "scan for spam before scanning
for viruses" limitat^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H feature of MailScanner. :-)

The funny thing is when other admins look at my mailwatch stats and see
"0" viruses... they think I must be doing something wrong, or that I'm
impossibly lucky!