Laggy List Server??

Res res at ausics.net
Tue May 23 13:00:29 IST 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Paul Kelly :: Blacknight wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 06:13 +1000, Res wrote:
>
>> And it's common amongst a few post headers I looked at...
>> I wonder if list daddy has in his sendmail.mc
>> define(`confSEPARATE_PROC',`True')dnl
>>

> Not a hope in hell. :) - the server always has around 1800 messages in
> the out going queue as various mail servers for the list members appear
> to be either down or there are random dns issues etc.

LOL... yeah it can have its setbacks, our sendmail sec MX box kills one of
the qmail boxes if its down for more than 30 mins:)   an easy way for
reduce that is set X number of bounces = fatal your auto on vacation or
unsubed :) I am more familiar with ecartis, which does these things I
wonder if mailman has that option even, as I always see msgs going to an X
employee (like from 18 months ago) from redhat list servers.

But since your explanation probably explains why it takes a few mins extra
:)

--
Cheers
Res