MailScanner ANNOUNCEMENT: Your Software Needs You!

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue May 23 12:00:55 IST 2006

On 23/05/06, Drew Marshall <drew at themarshalls.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2006 00:34, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight.ie wrote:
> > Kevin Miller wrote:

> > Those brief moments between rain showers .....
>
> The Ashdown Forest is lovely in autumn and spring (If a bit damp on
> occasions) but it's not really a holiday from Southampton, more a day
> trip!

On the subject of "not that long trips Jules can make", why not extend
that to the "Venice of the north":-). Summer is generally an
unreliable affair here in Sweden, but ... mid-July to mid-August is
usually pretty OK. At least when the mainland weather ("the Russian
heat", as we say here) dominates, rather than the usual showers off of
the British isles (That answers the question: Where does the rain go
when Michele sees some sun";-).

Personally, I prefer the winter... When it "rains" in the winter, it
snows... Which means one gets some nice off-pist skiing the next
day:-):-). Depressingly enough, I live in the relatively flat
countryside outside of Stockholm, far away from the mountains of my
youth... Sigh.

Anyway, despite that... You're welcome anytime you please Jules. If
you can stomach the rather non-existant service of Ryan Air, it
wouldn't be particularly expensive either:).

PS. Jethro, I thought the bad weather were why you Scotsmen invented
"liquid sunshine" in the first place... Enough whiskey, and who cares
if it rains:-). DS

--
-- Glenn