Getting pounded .. sigh

Matt Hampton matt at coders.co.uk
Mon May 22 23:59:07 IST 2006

Res wrote:
> wanadoo.co.uk|fr have been banned here for nearly 2 years because of their
> "we dont care if our users spam you" policy

This is one of the reasons why I have patched my M4 code for the dnsbl.
 It now returns a temp_fail error rather than a reject.

A good system that has been temporarily listed  - e.g. bounces going in
to spamcop - will be removed from from the black list and will then get
delivered (obviously this relies on a good sysadmin removing the crud
from their spools).

Bad sysadmins pay for trying spam me by keeping their crud on disk for 5
days.

Down side is that I get more connection attempts but I prefer this to a
straight forward reject.

matt