MailScanner ANNOUNCEMENT: Your Software Needs You!

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 22 21:14:02 IST 2006

DAve wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
>> DAve wrote:
>>> You would be welcome in Indiana, I can set you up with a tent, a
>>> sleeping bag, a firepit, and a bottle of Scotch. You would have most
>>> of 40 acres to yourself. You and the deer, racoons, foxes, coytes,
>>> possums, horned owls, and the odd skunk or two ;^)
>>>
>>> Oh and you would of course get a wireless connection as well, if you
>>> so choose.
>> I was kinda hoping to be able to sleep somewhere with a roof :-)
>>

> I was trying to offer the full experience! You are of course welcome
> to an inside bed rather than fresh air and stars, but you can get that
> anywhere ;^)
You have a point. If it isn't too cold and it doesn't rain too much,
then actually sleeping outside sounds good. Haven't slept under the
stars in more years than I can remember. When I was little, I could
never sleep when the house got hot in the summer (the UK doesn't have
air con). So I spent every summer living in a tent in the middle of the
back garden. Just me and a sleeping bag. It was great. It would be good
to do it again, it's been too long :-)
I could even bring my own sleeping bag these days.

So the next step is to get together the best times of year to visit
everyone and put a timetable together.

So, what are your best, prettiest, loveliest times of year where each of
you happen to live?

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.