MailScanner is responsible for SWAP usage!

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Mon May 22 10:42:35 IST 2006

Dear Michael,

how would you like to be adressed? Michael? Mr. S? S?

Being well educated I would prefer either Jan, Jan-Peter or Mr. Koopmann whatever pleases you. Just Koopmann sounds offending. Did you mean it that way or is my understanding of politeness just different than yours?

> Koopman, why don't you follow the thread and note my original message
> was quite cordial.

I did. What makes you think otherwise?

> It's the snotty remarks from Kai that started it.

To many of us your choice of subject as well as your second posting was considered snotty. Not the remarks of Kai. And even if you considered them snotty (which is you right of course) then why reply with calling all Germans assholes?

> I merely suggested that MS was
> swapping on my box.

No problem with that. Then you started to get questions back which have yet to be answered. Those people wanted to help you. You on the other hand refer to them as "assholes", "aboslute morons" etc. Notice how I am not doing the same? Neither did I do this on our first encounter.

> Then I got a bunch of nasty, snotty replies.

The only real nasty things I have read today came from you. If in your choice of words "asshole" is not nasty/snotty then please apologize my ignorance.

> Defend MS all the way,
> but there is no need to be rude about it.

Noone here is defending MS the way you think. Still people are trying to help and calling them names does not improve your chances of being helped.

Just a tiny hint: It _might_ be a good idea to at least apologize for some of your comments. I happen to be German and therefore am offended by your statement. I do not think I have earned it. You said earlier you are not here to make friends or to listen to "our" baloney. What are you here for? To ask for help? Then by all means ask and do so kindly! However, you act as if you _demand_ help and if that is your way of doing things then please, do unsubscribe! Noone here is earing money if he/she helps you. We are a bunch of people doing this as a curtosy to the community. Please act the same way to or be kind enough to leave.

Matt: I see your point but there are boundarys that should not be crossed. I wounder if people would act as relaxed if he started to call all Americans or British assholes. Think about it. And my blood pressure is quite ok. It takes a lot more than those people to raise it considerably. :-)

Raymond: Full ACK. :-)

Kind regards,
  JP