MailScanner is responsible for SWAP usage!

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Sun May 21 20:15:39 IST 2006

Hi!

> Here is the point for clarification. 3 x 20MB = 60MB of ram that is
> supposedly used by MS. We process less than 1,200 messages a day on this
> server in total. So the question is, why does the box swap when MS is
> installed on a box with 4GB of memory? One the boxes that do not have MS
> installed we are running the identical setup and there is ZERO SWAPPING. If
> I remove MS and reboot the server there is no swapping.
>
> Hope this clarifies the point I was trying to make which obviously you
> didn't get from the original message.

So provide stats. What other things are running , abviously your box is
loaded with other things that consume ram also.

You should be able to get some more details i think when you provide more
info.

Like i asked in my previous posting also.

So, why does it swap? you tell us! Show whats on the box, show whats
using memmory and so on, use tools like vmstat and so on, top, atop, ect
ect.

Bye,
Raymond.