SA Scoring

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed May 17 22:53:21 IST 2006

On 17/05/06, Ed Bruce <edwardbruce at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> > Ed Bruce writes:

> >> I have a question, since our postfix account is in a chroot jail and
> >> can't be su'ed to, how do you check this out?
> >

> > I am not too sure but the regular method should work:
> > [root at hostname ~]# su - postfix -s /bin/sh
> > [postfix at hostname ~]$ spamassassin -D --lint -x
> > - dhawal
> >
> Thanks that worked. Adding the -s option actually. Thanks again.

Yep, Dahwal is quite correct... The thing is that the postfix user is
often set to have a "non-shell" command for login ... /bin/false isn't
uncommon...:-). So you simply have to tell what shell to use. If you
like a shell with a little more functionality (commandline
history/editing....:-) you could run bash ... or whatever gets you
happy:-).

--
-- Glenn