Script to download latest from Julians Site

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Wed May 17 15:46:04 IST 2006

Doesn't have to be that complicated, just putty to the box

 cd /usr/src (or where ever you want to store the stuff)
 wget http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/MailScanner-4.54.2-2.rpm.tar.gz
 tar zxvf MailScanner-4.54.2-2.rpm.tar.gz
 cd /MailScanner-4.54.2-2
 ./install.sh

I do it via dialup, cell modem, whatever.  If I've got a lot to do, I'll just make the whole script out to do the MailScanner and install-Clam-SA including the install and upgrade; I'll SCP to the boxen and just upload the scripts and fire off the jobs.

The I go bill the customers accordingly. ;)  Meanwhile, I'm down at the pub.