Best Way to Control Relaying?

Muhammad Nauman nauman at worldcall.net.pk
Wed May 17 07:36:45 IST 2006

> John Rudd escribió:
>> Uh, that's not what it means to be an "open relay".  An open relay is a
>> relay which doesn't restrict who uses it.  Specifically, it is a relay
>> that allows 3rd parties
>> I can see arguments for requiring authentication (it's certainly a good
>> goal, and should be a 'best practice'), but it's still perfectly
> Most ISP's in my country are making SMTP AUTH mandatory; they're doing it
> to address the problem of being, for all practical purposes, "open relays"
> to machines in their networks.

Thankx for clearifying the Use of " OPEN RELAY "

but what i ment to say was exactly what ALEX stated as :

>What Kai means, more accurately, is that, to _your customers_, you _are_ an
>open relay. This also means that to _viruses_ and _spyware_ running on your
>customers' machines, you _are_ an open relay.

And thankx for the Answers :

1.change REC_AUTH to REC_FULL_AUTH
2. SMTP AUTH

Now it will be great help here again - if any one can tell me one best HOWTO
which do'nt fuss up with MailScanner or any running Program.

Thanks and regards,
M.Nauman Habib
Network Engineer
ICT Department
WorldCALL Multimedia Pvt Ltd
16-S Gulberg II Lahore, Pakistan
Off: 92 (42) 5877051-55
Cell : 0321-4311830

dangerous content by WorldCall Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.