Error in install-Clam-SA

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 16 16:18:46 IST 2006

On 16 May 2006, at 14:46, Denis Beauchemin wrote:

> Denis Beauchemin a écrit :
>> I just used the latest install-Clam-SA script on a brand new RHEL
>> 4 server and I got the following errors about Clam:
> I reran the install script and looked more closely at the output:
> turns out I was missing zlib-devel.
>
> After installing it Clam installed OK.
>
> Julian, could you check for zlib-devel before installing ClamAV?

I just tried building ClamAV without zlib.a there at all, and it
built just fine.
I don't think that is the problem.

Just for the record, here is a little shell script that will test for
the presence of a devel library.

#!/bin/sh

TMPDIR=/tmp/zlib.$$
mkdir -p $TMPDIR
echo 'int main(void) { return 0; }' > $TMPDIR/try.c
if cc -o $TMPDIR/try $TMPDIR/try.c -lz >/dev/null 2>&1 ; then
   echo It succeeded. Zlib-devel is installed.
else
   echo It failed. Zlib-devel is not installed.
fi
rm -rf $TMPDIR

--
Julian Field