Mail disaster - semi-new system

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue May 16 12:31:17 IST 2006

G. Armour Van Horn wrote on Mon, 15 May 2006 21:16:32 -0700:

> Bingo! Set SELinux to disabled, restarted, and eventually the machine
> restarted and processed all the backed up mail in thirty seconds.

Frankly, if you got a problem with SELinux regarding procmail not being
allowed to access your maillog, then something is screwed up on your
machine. I don't have SELinux enabled, but I run it in permissive mode and
I did not ever get a warning from SELinux in regard to
sendmail/MailScanner/procmail. Of course, it's possible that the SELinux
policy coming with FC5 is different from the policy in RHEL4. I wouldn't
just skip that, especially not if my earlier machine got hacked.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany