3rd time asking, HOW DO I UNINSTALL MAILSCANNER FROM FREEBSD????????????

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Tue May 16 09:41:25 IST 2006

On Monday, May 15, 2006 11:56 PM Michael S. wrote:

> Again: bsdpan- things on my installations only show up for manually
> installed ports (which might happen if you run install.sh from the
> MailScanner.tgz btw.!). I might be wrong but I suspect you are.
>
> We are running a copy of Freebsd 5.4 on a new installation. We have
> never run install.sh.

Then where do the bsdpan- ports come from?

> From the first time we ran make install from
> the mailscanner port directory the ERROR 1 code appeared.

Never had this problem on any system. I would probably have to logon to the system and have a look myself.

> After
> trying to deinstall and reinstall it we had the same errors. While
> 90% of the files are copied the the proper directories during Error
> Code 1, many are not. Eg, in the work directory the following files
> were not copied.
>
> Mailscanner.sh
> Mta.sh

These do not come from work but from files and are installed via the ports system automatically. Again this somehow points to a more general problem.

> File missing from /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/rules
>
> bounce.rules
> max.message.size.rules

They are up to this point not part of the port installation. I will add them for the next port version.

> These are the files I know were not copied as I had to cp -> rules
> and to rc.d

Regards,
  JP