Best Way to Control Relaying?

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Tue May 16 05:39:19 IST 2006

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote on Fri, 12 May 2006 13:19:33 -0500:
>

>> What Kai means, more accurately, is that, to _your customers_, you _are_
>> an open relay. This also means that to _viruses_ and _spyware_ running
>> on your customers' machines, you _are_ an open relay.
>>

> No, what I meant was what I wrote. I may have misunderstood him, though.
> >From what he wrote it sounded like he was stopping relaying to others by
> blocking them in access.db.
>
> Kai

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but in any case, he _is_ an open relay to
his customers, since they're not _required_ to authenticate themselves.

This is a problem we used to have in this country since all major ISP's
were "open relays" to their customers, which meant that internet cafés
and open wifi spots were being used as a base for spammers to get to
their victims through ISP's mail servers.