Mail disaster - semi-new system

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Mon May 15 23:40:08 IST 2006

There was no /etc/procmailrc, but I created one and put that line in.

Van

Mike Kercher wrote:

>		Mike
>

>	I'm not aware of anyone sending anything to postmaster, but that
>address is aliased to root so I might not ever notice.
>
>	[root at verbose mail]# ls -l
>	total 6772
>	<snip>
>	-rw------- 1 root            mail  336470 May 15 10:50 root
>
>	No procmail rules have been setup for any user or for the
>system.
>
>	I've been all over the flipping net looking for hints on how to
>enable logging for procmail, all if find is instructions on setting
>procmail logging for individual users - and that doesn't apply here.
>
>	Van
>

>In /etc/procmailrc, add this line:
>
>LOGFILE=/var/log/maillog
>
>Mike

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For photography, web design, hosting, and maintenance,
visit Van's home page: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/