3rd time asking, HOW DO I UNINSTALL MAILSCANNER FROM FREEBSD????????????

Michael S. admin at thenamegame.com
Sun May 14 22:37:56 IST 2006

Ok, well I have installed many modules via ports including DCC, Pyzor
updates to outdated packages etc and I have NEVER had issues with ports!

I have MailScanner up and running and it seems to be doing what's its
supposed to be after struggling with it for about 2hrs. I had to move the
mailscanner.sh and mta.sh to the proper directories since these were not
copied properly. Also, I believe im missing the crons, the ones that restart
MS on the hour and do the updates to the virus scanners. Those I don't see
anywhere.

Talk about a big frustration. I have been using MS on RH for years and in
fact wrote the first HOWTO and was the first person to actually offer a
solution with Exim + Cpanel. So this is nothing new to me. But the ports
installation is a big mess and the installation is incomplete. Because Im
not somewhat of a newbie at this, I pretty much had a good idea what to do
to get this going on FreeBSD but I already see the horror of having to do
this again when upgrading, granted it will probably mess up the entire
installation and will not work as instructed in your one page layout.