Test receives a grade of D Was: Re: Scott King/Tufftorq is IN the office.

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Fri May 12 20:49:11 IST 2006

Richard Frovarp wrote:

> Actually it would appear to have at least partially failed. Out of
> office notices should never be sent back to lists.

They shouldn't be sent to lists if at all possible to distinguish the
mail is from a list.  They should never be sent to the same address more
than once (or once per pretty long time period--I'll admit that opinions
differ). Completely replacing the subject line and giving no hint as to
what you're responding to, no thread information in header, no nothing,
is rather shoddy.

So I'd think we're looking at close to a total failure here....

Suggestion for Scott King, setup a test e-mail account that gets no list
traffic at all to use for your development.  You have a ways to go
before you want the world to see this.

--Jon Radel
Who's having a grumpy Friday