Best Way to Control Relaying?

Muhammad Nauman nauman at worldcall.net.pk
Fri May 12 05:22:48 IST 2006

> Muhammad Nauman wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I m using Sendmail 8.13.5
>> and i m relaying my User - using the access featur in sendmail -with file
>> : /etc/mail/access
>>
> 1. Remove the "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx RELAY" option that you have in that file so
> that only AUTHENTICATED users can relay - that way you can have people
> accountable for what they do. You may need to run the saslauthd service
> for this to work.
> 2. Remember to change /usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cfhead.m4 to read
>    _REC_FULL_AUTH_$?{auth_ssf} bits=${auth_ssf}$.)
> instead of
>    _REC_AUTH_$?{auth_ssf} bits=${auth_ssf}$.)
>
> ... so you can know *who* sent what. You have to "m4 <
> /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf after the change and restart
> MailScanner.

Thankx Alex , You been a great HELP !

I already have restricted IP'ies in my /etc/mail/access but they also count
up2 about 6000 ip'z

So i m not totally Open Relayed at all - ( xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx RELAY )  Not like
this

what does your 2nd Point do exactly ?

and about controlling the amount of mail sent per min - i m using feature
great pause in sendmail .

but that wo'nt stop them completely can it ?

Nauman

dangerous content by WorldCall Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.