hostname variable is cleared when MailScanner setuid to postfix

Kai Wang kwang at ucalgary.ca
Thu May 11 00:05:33 IST 2006

Greetings.

We are running MailScanner with postfix. We want to set MailScanner
variable Hostname to be environment variable $HOSTNAME. We use
MailScanner Hostname variable in our reports. However, when MailScanner
switching to postfix, the environment variable is cleared. We have a few
such machines and want to use the same MailScanner.conf file. Does
anybody know how to keep that variable?

Thanks

--
Kai Wang