Disclaimer problem

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed May 10 20:37:04 IST 2006

Mauricio wrote:
> All,
> I´m trying to make a rule to insert html or text disclaimer, but it´s not
> working well.
>
> I´m using MS 4.46.2-3 and Debian.
>
> Here is my MailScanner.conf:
>
> Inline HTML Signature = %rules-dir%/disclaimer.html.rules
> Inline Text Signature = %rules-dir%/disclaimer.txt.rules
>
> Here is my disclaimer.html.rules:
> From:   fulano at domain.com.br /etc/MailScanner/reports/disclaimer.html
> From:   fulano at DOMAIN.COM.BR /etc/MailScanner/reports/disclaimer.html
> FromOrTo:       default       /etc/MailScanner/reports/blank.disclaimer

No need to specift the domain.com.br and DOMAIN.COM.BR, the host part of
email addresses is case-insensitive.
> And the same for disclaimer.txt.rules...
>
> It´s working, but only if Outlook Express is used to generate the e-mail.
> The problem is when SAP generates the same e-mail... no disclaimer is
> inserted. Header is OK in both.

I would suspect that SAP is generating the mail with a different sender
address, just the same "From:" address in the headers.
MailScanner uses the envelope sender and recipient addresses, not the
ones that happen to occur in the headers (which are irrelevant for mail
delivery).

Get MailScanner to add the Envelope From Address and see where they are
actually coming from.
> PS: No problem reported in logs.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mauricio