Holding/Redirecting email from a cetain account?

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Tue May 9 17:01:22 IST 2006

Jason Williams wrote:

> Something was asked of me this morning and im not sure how to do it.
>
> There is a former employee who is sending some not so nice emails that
> management would like to take a look at. At first, they wanted me to
> just "discard" them. Which was a piece of cake with postfix.
>
> However, as far as redirecting them to a certain email address, that I
> am not sure about and was hoping someone might be able to lend some help.
>
> Anyone have ideas on how this migh be done?
>
> Running MS 4.46.2 with Postfix 2.2.8
>
> Appreciate it.
>
> Jason

> believed to be clean.
You could use the "Archive Mail" option with a ruleset like:

Archive Mail = %rules-dir%/archive.rules

with the following:

FromOrTo:      nasty.employee at yourcompany.com   /home/jason/mail/nasty
FromOrTo:      default      no

That way all mail from or to the guy in question would get sent to a
standard mbox file, readable using IMAP or importable into anything else.