4.54.1 with Sophos V5 support

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Tue May 9 12:12:49 IST 2006

On 09.05.2006 00:03, Julian Field wrote:

>I have just implemented support for Sophos version 5.

ms installation as usual
sophos-wrapper.rpmnew --> sophos-wrapper
sophos-autoupdate.rmpnew --> sophos-autoupdate

>You can still use Sophos.install to install Sophos version 5, but you
>don't have to if you don't want to.
>The advantage of installing using Sophos.install is
>    - More guidance
>    - Automatic editing of virus.scanners.conf to update location

# cd /usr/local/sophos-av/ ; Sophos.install
[... really short because sav5 was installed ...]

$ grep sophos /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf
sophos          /usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-wrapper     /opt/sophos-av
sophossavi      /bin/false                              /opt/sophos-av

---- MailScanner.conf ----
#Virus Scanners = clamav sophos
Virus Scanners = auto
--------

---- /var/log/maillog ----

May  9 13:05:12 xp1800 Sophos-autoupdate[10230]: Sophos V5 updated
May  9 13:06:30 xp1800 MailScanner[5215]: Virus Scanning: Sophos found 1
infections
--------

>If you install it without using Sophos.install, you *must not* enable
>on-access scanning. Otherwise it sill start inspecting files too early
>and may well break your system as it deletes or renames files that
>MailScanner is about to scan. In this position I cannot guarantee what,
>if anything, MailScanner will do.
>
>Please try it out and let me (or the list) know how you get on.

thanks,
works great :-)

--
shrek-m