Problem With Installation Perl Clamav Module

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:24:01 IST 2006

On 09/05/06, ShaunM [MailShield] <smcguane at mailshield.com.au> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Following Julians Instructions below I followed through all the steps to
> install the module and it only failed on the MAIL::CLAMAV installation.
>
> The O/S is Centos 4.3
>
>    1. Download and install ClamAV from www.clamav.net as usual.
>    2. The default locations are under /usr/local/{bin,man,share}.
>    3. Do the following:
>       perl -MCPAN -e shell
>       install Parse::RecDescent
>       install Inline
>       install Mail::ClamAV
>    4. In MailScanner.conf, set 'Virus Scanners = clamavmodule'.
>    5. In MailScanner.conf, check the setting of 'Monitors for ClamAV
> Updates' to ensure it matches the location of your ClamAV virus database
> files.
>
> The output is below, fails on make test anyone can shed some light on this?
>
> Thanks
> Shaun

Does the same type of error happen wityh Julians easy-to-install
Clam+SA package (which contains the Mail::ClamAV module, and will take
care of the build process for you)?

I switched to that a while back, and have had no problems... very
slick. Only real carp is that the package keeps adding three lines to
your SA *.pre files, but, well ... those are pretty easy to remove,
and they don't really harm anything:-).

--
-- Glenn