Quick question about system email notifications.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon May 8 21:18:29 IST 2006

Ken Goods spake the following on 5/8/2006 10:13 AM:
> I get the following (addressed to root) when checking mail on the server.
> I've always got these and find them useful for a "quick check" of the mail
> system... if I see something out of the ordinary here I look more closely at
> the logs.
>
> Problem is, after this latest install (migrated from RH 9.0 to Centos 4.3)
> I'm getting way too much detail in the **Unmatched Entries** section... it
> runs on and on for pages and pages. Is there a log level setting in
> MailScanner that I missed or is this something I need to address in Centos
> (LogWatch) somehow? Not looking for a step by step (never learn anything
> that way:)) just a direction to start.
>
> Thanks for any and all help!
> Ken
The current Logwatch is into the 7. something range. You are running 5.2.2.
Just get a newer version, because it won't hurt anything, and will be much
quieter.

 ftp://ftp.kaybee.org/pub/redhat/RPMS/noarch/logwatch-7.3-1.noarch.rpm

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and