Error In MailScanner - Maillog on Startup

ShaunM [MailShield] smcguane at mailshield.com.au
Mon May 8 03:23:47 IST 2006

Problem has been solved.

Thanks

  _____

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of ShaunM
[MailShield]
Sent: Monday, 8 May 2006 11:16 AM
To: 'MailScanner discussion'
Subject: RE: Error In MailScanner - Maillog on Startup

Hi guys,

I recently installed a new centos 4.3 - mailscanner/mailwatch box which im
using as a test solution to move away from cpanel.

However upon starting this I get 2 errors when I tail the maillog. I know
these errors may not be directly related to each product
mailscanner or mailwatch but I thought I would ask anyway.

Unable to initialise database connection: Access denied for user
'mailwatch'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

--> I know what this problem is but unsure of the command on how to setup a
user/pass for mailwatch at localhost in the sql database. Anyones help
would be appreciated?

Could not use Custom Function code
MailScanner::CustomConfig::InitMailWatchLogging, it could not be "eval"ed.
Make sure the module is correct with perl -wc

--> I do not know what this error is about. Anyone?

Thanks Guys

Shaun

-
This message has been scanned for viruses and malicious content by
MailShield
 <http://www.mailshield.com.au> http://www.mailshield.com.au

-