SPARC Solaris 10?

Bob Jones bob.jones at usg.edu
Sun May 7 18:53:14 IST 2006

Thus spake Julian Field, with impeccable timing on 5/7/2006 10:22 AM:

> I have just ripped apart my install.tar-fns.sh script and it's started
> to work!
> Yay, and thanks to whoever it was who pointed me towards SUNWspro. I
> didn't realise it was free these days :-)

While you're ripping apart your install script, I'd like to reiterate a
suggestion I made while you were gone.  With your install script, you
have the option of telling it where the perl you want to use lives.
However, the actual MailScanner internals all seem to use
#!/usr/bin/perl which means if that's not the perl you want to use, you
have to have a link from there to the perl you did use.

Your install script should change the MailScanner perl scripts to point
to the perl you give it during installation time.  If it doesn't,
there's no point to having an option to specify the perl location at all
since you would be forced into using /usr/bin/perl anyway.

Thanks,
--
Bob Jones
bob.jones at usg.edu