Errors installing Mailscanner on Freebsd from ports

Michael S. admin at thenamegame.com
Sun May 7 00:18:22 IST 2006

I can't seem to get a successful install of MailScanner on Freebsd 5.4,

At the end of the installation I receive an

ERROR CODE 1

I tried to deinstall it but it won't let me.

cd /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner

make deinstall

make deinstall

===>  Deinstalling for mail/mailscanner

pkg_info: package bsdpan-Class-Std-Utils-v0.0.2 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-Class-Std-v0.0.8 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-Filesys-Statvfs_Statfs_Df-0.79 has no origin
recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-GDGraph-1.4307 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-GDTextUtil-0.86 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-IO-Interactive-v0.0.3 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-Net_SSLeay.pm-1.30 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-ShadowHash-0.07 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-Term-ReadLine-Perl-1.03 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-TermReadKey-2.30 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-Tie-Watch-1.2 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-Tree-MultiNode-1.0.10 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-Unix-PID-v0.0.6 has no origin recorded

pkg_info: package bsdpan-libwww-perl-5.805 has no origin recorded

===>   MailScanner not installed, skipping

Then I try to reinstall it.

Make install

===>  Warning: your umask is "0077".

      If this is not desired, set it to an appropriate value

      and install this port again by ``make reinstall''.

#

# Step 1: Install bin files

#

install  -o root -g wheel -m 555
/usr/ports/mail/mailscanner/work/MailScanner-install-4.53.8/bin/MailScanner
/usr/local/sbin/mailscanner

/bin/ln -s /usr/local/sbin/mailscanner /usr/local/sbin/MailScanner

ln: /usr/local/sbin/MailScanner: File exists

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner.

When I de install it isn't it supposed to remove the entire installation
instead of complaining that the file already exists???

Thank you.