SPARC Solaris 10?

John Rudd jrudd at ucsc.edu
Sun May 7 00:11:36 IST 2006

In fall, I was trying to use the new x4100 boxes they have (which is
Intel not Sparc, but it was still Solaris 10).  I couldn't get ANY perl
modules to install via CPAN.  I wound up (after running dangerously
close to my deliverable date) trading those machines with one of my
peers, and took his 410's, and installing Solaris 8 on them instead.

Once I get some spare time, I hope to sit down and just beat on Solaris
10 for a while (intel and sparc) ... but if it continues to be that
degree of annoyance, I may decide it's more annoying than Linux (a
_huge_ statement for me) and abandon Solaris 10 for some Linux distro.