Quarantine Directory

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Fri May 5 15:52:11 IST 2006

Andrew,

Whatsamatter, vi not good enough for you?? :)

If you are using sendmail, you can see what is in a quarantine
directory with:

usr/lib/sendmail -v -bp -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/whereever, eg

/usr/lib/sendmail -v -bp -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20060505/k45EfZEa020990

Maybe write a shell script to do something like:

#/usr/bin/ksh
for msgid in `ls -1 /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20060505`
do
    /usr/lib/sendmail -v -bp -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20060505/$msgid
done

something like that for various dates and msgids.  Or loop thru the
directories then grep for the msgids in your syslog.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College