4.53.7, endless loop in debug mode

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Fri May 5 11:33:52 IST 2006

Hi Julian,

Thanks for this.

Replacing the previous Message.pm with this new one seems to have fixed
the problem.

I placed the saved queue files that were causing the problem yesterday
in the incoming queue, and MS ran without hitch, both in debug mode and
in normal operation.

I will keep and eye on this and get back if I noticed any further glitches.

Julian Field wrote:
> Please can you try the attached Message.pm file instead of your previous
> one. I have rewritten a whole chunk of the phishing net and it should be
> more reliable now (I hope!).
>

> --This message has been scanned for viruses and
> believed to be clean.
>

> On 3 May 2006, at 19:52, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
>
>> The attached message cause 4.53.7
>> to go into some kind of endless loop when I ran it in debug
>> mode.  I didn't try it in normal mode.  The debug output is
>> attached too.
>>
>> In debug mode, I got hundreds of syslog msgs like:
>>
>> MailScanner[16465]: Found phishing fraud from www.evite.com claiming
>> to be
>> www.greetingstoall,afternearly3yearsbackinthestates,i'mheadingbacktolondonforwor
>> in k43IWccm014788
>>
>> I've fallen back to 4.52.2.  My setup: Solaris 10, sendmail 8.13.6,
>> SA 3.1.1.
>>
>> Jeff Earickson
>> Colby College
>> <qfk43IWccm014788>
>> <dfk43IWccm014788>
>> <ms.debug4>
>
> --Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

Anthony Peacock
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny....'" -- Isaac Asimov