Phishing emails cause MailScanner to loop infinitely

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Thu May 4 19:46:58 IST 2006

Hi Jeff,

Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2006, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
>

>>> I am wondering if it is an issue with the Df routines under Solaris...
>>>
>> That's right, Filesys-Statvfs_Statfs_Df-0.78 is the new wrinkle in
>> 4.53.7.  I installed this by hand (perl Makefile.PL, make, make test,
>> etc).
>> However it compiled and passed its tests without problems, giving
>> correct block numbers.
>>
>> I do notice that there is a version  0.79, released on April 19.
>> Downloading now, will install and test.
>

> Installing Filesys-Statvfs_Statfs_Df-0.79 and retrying my problem
> email message made no difference.  It still looped at the same spot.

I had a look at the change log for this module and there was only one
change for the latest version.  Not to mention that the changelog
claimed that it had been released in 2060 :-)

The other area of MS that has changed in this latest release is the
phishing code.  I will do some more testing tomorrow when I get back
into the office.

--
Anthony Peacock
"I'm in shape. - ROUND is a shape"