ReadMessageHandle question

Leonardo Helman mailscanner at lists.com.ar
Wed May 3 13:24:33 IST 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 09:01:56AM +0100, Julian Field wrote:

> On 2 May 2006, at 22:09, Leonardo Helman wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >sendmail,
> >I really didn't look much of the code for the others), so this
> >"unless"
> >is always false (so it could be eliminated)?
>
> Not if it ran out of disk space trying to do it! In that case $this->
> {dpath} would be empty (and hence 0).
I'm modifying MailScanner-4.53.6, are you working with something
very different.
 greped (-w) for dpath, and found only:

/lib/MailScanner/EximDiskStore.pm:  $this->{dpath} = $dir . '/' . $this->{dname};
/lib/MailScanner/SMDiskStore.pm:  $this->{dpath} = $dir . '/' . $this->{dname};

> >Last but not least, I think, we have to change Messages.pm a little
> >and
> >move to the DiskStores the references to $this->{dpath}, like
> >we have done when I sent to you the zmailer parts.
> >
> >For those changes for example look, in SMDiskStore.pm, look for: "#
> >LEOH 26/03/2003 We do not have dpath in other mailers" (more than 3
> >years wow!)
> >I'm thinking something in the line of getFileNameToLog or
> >something, I don't
> >remember, but I think, we have done something like that.
>
> I can't remember this one. From what I *can* remember, dpath exists
> in the Message object for other mailers doesn't it? Does it matter
> what other mailers do here?
no, it doesn't, I think we deleted all the dpath's from Messages.pm
sometime near 2003
Only ./lib/MailScanner/SMDiskStore.pm and ./lib/MailScanner/EximDiskStore.pm
should have dpath's
Other mailers could have any internal structure for working with the file/s,
and Message.pm, should not know any of them

What I saw now, is, that dpath returned to Messages.pm
I never saw that mention before (and it seems like most
of the time $entity is true, so didn't saw it in the logs)

Saludos
LeoH
--
Leonardo Helman