Normal mail in quarantine

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 31 12:04:32 IST 2006

On 31 Mar 2006, at 11:52, Plant, Dean wrote:

> I have just gone live with an upgraded MailScanner server and noticed
> that some non spam & non dangerous mail is being stored in quarantine.
> Any idea's to what I may have configured incorrectly.

Take a look at this option:

# Do you want to stop any virus-infected spam getting into the spam
or MCP
# archives? If you have a system where users can release messages
from the
# spam or MCP archives, then you probably want to stop them being
able to
# release any infected messages, so set this to yes.
# It is set to no by default as it causes a small hit in performance,
and
# many people don't allow users to access the spam quarantine, so don't
# need it.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean = no
--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.